NOTE: To connect to BeachNet+, you must have a valid nine digit CampusID along with your BeachID password. If you have not activated your BeachID password, visit https://beachid.csulb.edu/. Also note that you will need to update your password on your mobile device whenever you update your BeachID password.
The following instructions describe how to connect an Apple mobile device to BeachNet+ and make BeachNet+ the device's default wireless network. The settings described in these instructions are generally applicable and may vary slightly across Apple devices and versions.
1. Open Settings.
Figure 1: IPhone settings
2. Select Wi-Fi.
Figure 2: Main settings dialog
3. On the Wi-Fi Networks screen, select Beachnet+ in the *Choose a Network…*section.
Figure 3: Wifi networks
4. Enter your nine-digit Campus ID and your BeachID password, and then tap Join.
Note: You will need to update your password on your mobile device whenever you update your BeachID password.
Figure 4: Enter password information
5. If you're prompted to accept a security certificate, tap Trust. You can tap More Details to view additional information.
Figure 5: Accept certificate
1. Select Wi-Fi on the Settings screen. On the Wi-Fi screen that opens, tap the blue arrow next to the name of the network you were using before setting up your BeachNet+ connection.
Figure 7: Wifi Network settings
2. Tap the Forget this Network button.
Figure 8: Forget this network
NOTE: If you've connected successfully to BeachNet+ but can't access the Internet, you may need to restart the Wi-Fi service on your device before you can access the Internet. If you have successfully connected to BeachNet+, but you can't access web pages or email via Wi-Fi, restart the device's Wi-Fi service. To do so: Select Settings > Wi-Fi, and slide the Wi-Fi switch to OFF. After the Wi-Fi Networks screen opens, pause for a few seconds, and then slide the Wi-Fi switch back to ON. You should now be connected to the campus network and be able to access the internet and email.