The following instructions describe how to connect to beachnet+ and designate beachnet+ as your default SSID (wireless network) on Windows 8 PCs and tablets.
NOTE: To connect to beachnet+, you must have a valid nine digit CampusID along with your BeachID password. If you have not activated your BeachID password, visit https://beachid.csulb.edu/.
Also note that you will need to update your password on your mobile devices whenever you update your BeachID password.
1. On your home screen, choose the "Desktop" tile.
Figure 1: Home screen showing desktop tile
2. Right-click on the network connections icon on the bottom right of your screen in the task bar, and select "Open Network and Sharing Center."
Figure 2: Windows taskbar icons
3. Select "Set up a new connection or network."
Figure 4: Manually connect to a wireless network
5. Type in "beachnet+" in the network name field, and select WPA2-Enterprise as Security Type. Check "Start this connection automatically" if it's not
already checked. Click Next.
Figure 5: Enter network information
6. You will get a screen indicating the successful add of beachnet+. Now select "Change connection settings."
Figure 6: Change connection settings
7. Click on the Security tab. Make sure the authentication method is Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP). Then click the Settings button.
Figure 7: beachnet+ wireless network properties
8. Check both "Verify the server's identity by validating the certificate" and "AddTrust External CA Root," then click the Configure button .
Figure 8: Protected EAP Properties
9. Uncheck (if it is checked) "Automatically use my Windows logon name and password." Then click OK, and close the "Protected EAP Properties" window.
Figure 9: Uncheck windows logon
10. Click Advanced settings
Figure 10: beachnet+ wireless network properties
11. Check the "Specify authentication mode," and select "User Authentication." Then click OK.
Figure 11: Advanced settings dialog
12. Click OK to exit the beachnet+ Wireless Network Properties window.
13. Click Close to save the new beachnet+ profile.
14. Now select beachnet+ from your available networks and follow the queues to connect. The final screen will confirm you are connected. This entire process will enable your device to remember this connection from this point forward.
Figure 12: Connect to beachnet+
Figure 13: Connect to beachnet+
Figure 14: Connect to beachnet+
Note: You will need to update your password on your mobile device whenever you update your BeachID password, otherwise your beachnet+ connection will not work after a password update.