Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

The University's telephone system can accommodate up to eight parties, four of which being from off-campus, on one call. For instructions regarding this feature, please see the printed directory for Single-Line Telephone Instructions or Multi-Line Telephone Instructions (click either link for online instructions). This conference calling feature is activated by one campus user who must call all the participants.

If your conference call exceeds the 6 external party limit, or the 8 party total limit, or if you need to conduct a “meet-me” conference in which all parties dial into the call for themselves, you can submit a work order to get a conference account from an outside vendor under contract with the university. They provide audio and content sharing (screen sharing), and Telecommunications passes through the vendor’s charge without any mark-ups. If you have further questions, please call extension 54480.

Requesting Service

A work order is needed along with a diagram of the call processor design. A second work order would be needed for Telecommunications work such as reconfiguring sets and extension numbers. Applications such as this are not recommended for use with toll free (800) numbers due to the potential for misuse.

All existing call processing hardware and any programming performed on existing hardware will always remain on campus, even if a user-department moves off-campus, as will all University telephone numbers (beginning with 985) and telephone equipment.

Examples on Campus

There are approximately 22 call processing applications in operation. Most of them are standard sized, menu applications. In order to get an idea of how differently a menu application can be designed, try calling a few of the numbers listed below.

•             Athletics Ticket Office x54949

•             Bookstore x55092

•             College of Engineering x55121

•             Japanese Gardens x58885

•             Library x58472

•             STARS/SOAR x55515

•             Staff Personnel x55491

•             University Police x55055

Read more about call processing solutions and whether they are right for you.

Where to Get Help

In order to get more information regarding menu or IVR applications, please call Telecommunications at extension 54480.

  • No labels