The following instructions describe how to connect a Mac computer with the Lion OS to BeachNet+.
NOTE: To connect to BeachNet+, you must have a valid nine digit CampusID along with your BeachID password. If you have not activated your BeachID password, visit https://beachid.csulb.edu/. Also note that you will need to update your password on your mobile device whenever you update your BeachID password.
1. Click the Airport icon to enable the Airport (wireless) adapter and turn Wi-Fi on.
Figure 1: Airport wireless icon
2. Select beachnet+.
Figure 2: Beachnet+ wireless network selection
3. Enter your BeachID credentials to authenticate to beachnet+. In the Username field, enter your nine-digit CampusID, and in the Password field, enter your BeachID password. You may select Remember this network to automatically connect to beachnet+ when you are in an area with campus wireless.
Note: You will need to update your password on your mobile device whenever you update your BeachID password, otherwise your BeachNet+ connection will not work after a password update.
Figure 3: Enter authentication information
4. Click Show Certificate button.
Figure 4: Verify certificate
5. Confirm that the server name is its-wifiauth01.its.campus.ad.csulb.edu and the Certificate Issuer is InCommon Server CA.
Figure 5: Confirm certificate information
6. Enter the Name and Password for your MacBook laptop to add the Certificate as a trusted setting to your computer's local keychain.
Figure 6: Enter keychain information
7. If you'd like to verify that the connection has been made, click Network Preferences from the Airport menu and look for an IP Address that starts with 10.x.x.x and the text indicator, Authenticated via PEAP.
Figure 7: Network settings