What is the Purpose of the Faculty Research Experience and Expertise system (FREE) Pending Approvals page?
Designated college approvers will be responsible for reviewing Title request changes and approving or denying the requests. The requested Title will not be reflected and display in the FREE system until it is approved by the designated college approver.
Other important service details:
- An email message will be sent to the college designee with an alert of the Title change request. Once the college designee reviews and either approves or denies the request, the requestor will receive an email alert including the decision status.
How do you access the College Approver function for the Faculty Research Experience and Expertise system?
Method 1: Click on the FREE Admin Chiclet in SSO (sso.csulb.edu/) and begin at Step 2 below.
Figure 1: Faculty Experts Admin Chiclet (button) in SSO
Method 2: Visit www.csulb.edu/free/admin to view pending approvals.
Figure 2: FREE system login page
- Log in using your BeachID login credentials:
- Username = your nine-digit campus ID
- Password = your BeachID password
2. Once you successfully log in, you will be presented with the Pending Approvals page.
Figure 3: FREE pending approvals page
3. Review the Proposed Title.
Figure 4: FREE pending approvals page with approval types
4. Click the associated record's checkbox on the left and select the decision (approve or deny).
5. Click the Submit button.
- Once you review and approve or deny requests, the requestor will receive an email alert including the decision status.
Contact for Help
For further information about the FREE database, please contact the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs at (562) 985-8147 or submit an inquiry at http://web.csulb.edu/divisions/aa/research/contact.