Table of Contents
Roles and Responsibilities
- Hardware, servers, and storage devices
- ITS will maintain development and production server environments and provide routine maintenance.
- ITS will communicate and coordinate with the customer to ensure minimal service disruption. (See Change Management section and Incident Management section)
- ITS will provide necessary testing on development servers before changes are applied to production servers. Modifications that must be moved to production will be coordinated with the customer through the ITS Change Management Process.
- Changes in application, software, and hardware requirements must be reviewed / approved by the customer and provided to ITS in a timely manner. New requirements are subject to ITS resource review and possible renegotiation of the SLA.
- ITS will maintain and facilitate hardware support agreements for machines covered under this SLA.
- Where applicable, ITS will provide Oracle database administration for select servers as indicated in Appendix B (if applicable).
- Where applicable, ITS will install and monitor scripts to check the Oracle Alert Logs and report on any errors.
- Where applicable, ITS will install and monitor scripts to check on the Oracle Listener to determine if it is running. Non-production instances will send an alert to the DBAs. Production instances will send an alert and will automatically try to restart the Listener.
- Where applicable, ITS will perform the scheduled Oracle database exports to provide a point in time backup.
- Where applicable, ITS will install the quarterly Oracle security patches.
- Where applicable, ITS will perform Oracle version upgrades as necessary to maintain supported versions of Oracle. (Systems & Databases - Note that 9i is no longer fully supported)
- Where applicable, ITS will work with the applications team to assist in research for performance issues and in making recommendations, and if appropriate, making changes to the database to resolve performance issues.
- Where applicable, ITS will install all software updates as part of this agreement, unless other arrangements are agreed upon by ITS and the customer in advance. Request for software installation by the customer will go through the ITS Service Request Process (see Appendix C) and ITS Change Management process.
- Operating systems (OS)
- ITS will maintain all operating systems and will follow current ITS standards for performance, stability, and security, unless otherwise required by vendors and/or manufacturers.
- Patches and OS updates will be loaded by ITS in development environment before applying to production. The customer will test the application in development and identify and communicate issues as soon as possible.
- Patches and OS update installation on production servers will be communicated and coordinated through the ITS change management process after approval is provided by the customer. Installation will follow ITS' existing standard patch and update schedule unless an exception is requested.
- New OS software requirements must be communicated to ITS in a timely manner and are subject to ITS resource review and possibly renegotiation of the SLA.
- Creation, suspension, and revocation of server accounts will follow the ITS Service Request Process (Appendix C).
- ITS will perform virus scans and remediation for servers covered on this agreement. Scan activities will be closely coordinated with the customer to ensure no impact to service.
- Network configurations
- Firewall services will be provided. Migration to firewall services will be provided during a time that is mutually convenient.
- Changes to networking configurations will be accommodated through the ITS Service Request Process (Appendix C).
The customer has responsibility for the business and application relationship with vendors and will continue to use and manage the application layer. The customer is responsible for software/application maintenance. Key tasks include:
- Hardware, servers and storage devices
- Changes in vendor hardware requirements must be reviewed by the customer and provided to ITS as soon as possible. ITS will provide an internal review of such requests and will respond in a timely manner.
- Changes to hardware, server, and storage requirements will be reviewed to ensure resource availability. Additional resource requirements may require additional costs.
- The customer will provide copies of software licenses as reference material for ITS.
- Updates and/or modification to application software will follow the ITS Service Request Process (Appendix C) to ensure requirements and instruction are effectively communicated to ITS.
- The customer will conduct all application testing in development environments and will provide ITS with written confirmation of acceptance through the ITS Service Request Process (Appendix C) before move to production takes place.
- The customer is responsible for application support, administration, and related tasks. This responsibility includes all software licensing charges (as appropriate), software vendor contracts, technical support, and software updates as appropriate.
- The customer is responsible for application configuration, typically performed via administration screens. ITS will ensure that adequate access is granted for the authorized customer staff to perform their tasks.
- The customer is responsible for application development and troubleshooting.
- The customer is responsible for vendor contact for all aspects of application functionality, releases, and debugging. Application issues relating to the OS and virtual environment will be coordinated with ITS.
- The customer will provide documentation about application dependencies. The purpose of providing dependency documentation is to address any startup or shutdown sequencing that may need to be done, to ensure application data is not compromised.
- The customer will maintain the appropriate level of application security required for end users to access their data.
- Operating systems
- Customer is responsible for testing the applications in development and identifying issues in a timely manner.
- Copies of any licenses associated with the OS should be provided to ITS for reference purposes.
Access Management will be managed through the ITS Service Request Process (Appendix C). Access and audit information can be provided upon request.
ITS will develop benchmarks based on current virtual environment for disk space, memory, CPUs, and network. Based upon these benchmarks, expected growth/contraction will be monitored. If growth/contraction exceeds 20% of the original environmental footprint, costing associated with the SLA will be renegotiated. This means if the total number of CPU's in the environmental footprint is 20 and growth exceeds 4 additional, it will exceed the 20% growth/contraction stipulation. Note the same thing occurs if the environments shrink by 4 CPU's.
Service Hours, Response Times, and Trouble Reporting
ITS will provide 24 X 7 X 365 server monitoring. The following table details Service Hours, ITS response times, and the trouble-report process.
*ITS RESPONSE TIME
(Regular business hours)
Within 1 business hour
All customer support will be available by calling the ITS Desktop Support line at 562-985-8344, including after hours, weekends, and holidays. An internal ITS process is in place for escalating incidents or events to proper channels.
(After business hours)
Within 4 hours
By 11:30 am the next business day
*Note: Response time is defined as the time between initial report of trouble and time an ITS staff person contacts the customer to begin resolving the issue.
ITS will strive to provide 100% server uptime. This excludes planned maintenance. System monitoring will be provided by System Center Operations Manager (SCOM).
ITS will exercise a routine schedule for OS updates, firmware upgrades for blade servers, VMware maintenance release upgrades, storage maintenance, and network and data center maintenance. As stated in Change Management section, advanced notifications will be provided and tested in development environments. A set window of time for standard maintenance will be established for quarterly database maintenance. A set maintenance window will also be identified for windows maintenance.
Unplanned service degradation, interruption, or outage will be managed through the ITS Incident Management process whereby ITS will send the customer notification and details about the problem, downtime, and other pertinent incident information. The customer will provide ITS with a current list of notification recipients. See Appendix A for the notification recipient list. Appendix A is unique to each SLA customer.
Recurring incidents/issues will be managed and escalated within ITS as needed. The customer will communicate concerns about incidents and problems to the Director, Service Management & Operations as soon as possible. Appendix A provides a list for contacting appropriate parties. Appendix A is unique to each SLA customer.
Any maintenance or changes will follow the ITS Change Management process, which involves a review and approval of documented change requests by the ITS Change Management Board (Appendix D). When necessary, the process may involve a Change Management Notification to Customer prior to the change. When possible, ITS will notify the customer at a minimum of 24 hours in advance. However, the nature of the change activity will determine the amount of time of the advance notification. For example, if the change requires preparation activity by the customer, notification will be provided several days in advance and if the change is urgent, less than 24 hours' notice may be provided. In some cases, change activity will involve detailed discussion between ITS and the customer technical staff before change activity is approved by the Change Management Board. Emergency Changes will follow the ITS Emergency Change process.
ITS will repair or replace existing equipment at no additional charge for servers covered under this SLA.
Disaster Recovery / Service Continuity
Disaster Recovery / Service Continuity services are available as part of this agreement. Requirements for server recovery and business priority must be identified by the customer and agreed upon by ITS to ensure recovery activities are agreed upon in disaster situations. This service is forthcoming and will be initiated at an agreed upon time.
Server security and firewalls (data center firewall) services are included in this agreement. Access management will be provided via server security and data center firewall as requested by the customer and/or required by application.
Ad hoc Requests
ITS provides service as described in this SLA and will provide "best effort" support for ad-hoc requests related to this service. These requests will need to be provided by the customer using the ITS Service Request process (Appendix C) and be accompanied by any necessary supportive documentation. ITS will then review the request and determine whether it may be accommodated, as it relates to the scope of this SLA.
New Server Requests
Given the availability of resources, ITS will provide analysis and quote (if applicable) within one week of completed request for new server(s). If resources are not available, ITS will inform the customer within this one week period and establish a timeline of when resources will become available. If the quote is approved by the customer, ITS will build and establish the new server within three weeks from the time of approval. The new server request process can be found in Appendix E.
Appendix A is specific to each customer
Appendix B is specific to each customer
Appendix C: Service Request Process
Appendix D: Change Management Process
Appendix E: Server Request Process