The following steps are to setup your Android device for the first time. Note that Android mobile devices vary widely depending on the many models and operating system versions that are available. In light of this, these instructions may not match exact steps for your device; however, the intention is for these basic instructions to provide enough information for various operating system versions.
Once these steps are completed, your device should remember the settings the next time you are near a BeachNet+ access point; however, you may have to manually disconnect then reconnect your wireless connection to regain the BeachNet+ connection.
- Access your "Settings" menu
- Select "Wireless & networks"
- Select "Wi-Fi settings" to set up and manage wireless access points
- Check to see if your Wi-Fi connection is turned on indicated by a green check mark.
- Check to see what Wi-Fi networks are available to you. If you are near a Beachnet+ wireless access point, "Beachnet+" should appear in the list of Wi-Fi networks recognized by your phone or tablet
- Tap "beachnet+"
- Enter required information (may require scrolling to get see these two specific fields) and tap Connect when done:
- EAP method = select PEAP
- Phase 2 authentication = select MSCHAPv2
- For BeachNet+, Identity = enter your campus ID
- Password = enter
Please note – you can ignore the following configuration fields field as you scroll:
- EAP method (PEAP, TLS, TTLS)
- Phase 2 authentication (None, PAP, MSCHAP, MSCHAPV2, GTC)
- Anonymous Identity (open text field)