Accessing BeachNet+ on Android Devices
NOTE: To connect to BeachNet+, you must have a valid nine digit CampusID along with your BeachID password. If you have not activated your BeachID password, visit https://beachid.csulb.edu/. Also note that you will need to update your password on your mobile device whenever you update your BeachID password.
The following steps are to setup your Android device for the first time. Note that Android mobile devices vary widely depending on the many models and operating system versions that are available. In light of this, these instructions may not match exact steps for your device; however, the intention is for these basic instructions to provide enough information for various operating system versions.
Once these steps are completed, your device should remember the settings the next time you are near a BeachNet+ access point; however, you may have to manually disconnect then reconnect your wireless connection to regain the BeachNet+ connection.
- Access your "Settings" menu
- Select "Wireless & networks"
- Select "Wi-Fi settings" to set up and manage wireless access points
- Check to see if your Wi-Fi connection is turned on indicated by a green check mark.
- Check to see what Wi-Fi networks are available to you. If you are near a Beachnet+ wireless access point, "Beachnet+" should appear in the list of Wi-Fi networks recognized by your phone or tablet
- Enter required information (may require scrolling to get see these two specific fields):
Please note - you can ignore the following configuration fields as you scroll:
- EAP method (PEAP, TLS, TTLS)
- phase 2 authentication (None, PAP, MSCHAP, MSCHAPV2, GTC)
- Anonymous Identity (open text field)