Exchange is automatically configured to filter junk mail to your junk e-mail folder. The setting should be set to "Don't move e-mail to my Junk E-Mail folder." If the setting is not on this setting, it is recommended that the setting be manually changed. This setting is recommended because it minimizes potential conflicts between the email server filtering process and the local user's email client filtering settings.
Some users, however, may wish to change this default setting in Outlook Web App (OWA), which can be done by following the steps below.
Manually Changing Default Setting to Filter Junk in OWA
- Open a web browser and navigate to https://mail.csulb.edu
- Once logged in to email, select Options in the upper right hand corner
Figure 1: Screenshot of Options on Outlook Web App screen.
- Select See All Options…
Figure 2: Screenshot of See All Options on Outlook Web App screen.
- Select Block or Allow option
Figure 3: Screenshot of Block or Allow on Outlook Web App screen.
- Select Automatically filter junk e-mail
Figure 4: Screenshot of Automatically filter junk e-mail on Outlook Web App screen.
- Select Save in the lower right hand corner
Figure 5: Screenshot of Save on Outlook Web App screen.