Unified messaging (UM) is a service that allows campus voice mail users to have their voice messages forwarded to an @csulb.edu email address.
Useful Notes about Features
- Each voice mailbox can have messages forwarded to one @csulb.edu email address, but it does not necessarily have to belong to the owner of that voice mailbox. For example, messages can be forwarded to an assistant, a group or department, and so on.
- Emails can either be sent with the voice message included as a WAV file attachment, or as a notification without the attachment.
- Deleting a message in your email inbox does not remove it from your actual voice mailbox. Messages must still be deleted by logging in through the phone or Web PhoneManager.
Setting up Unified Messaging
Go to https://voicemail.csulb.edu/ and login using your mailbox number (typically the same as your extension) and your voice mail password. From the home screen:
- Click Notification Settings
- Click the E-Mail tab
- Check the Enable Simple UM Notification box
- Enter the desired csulb.edu email address
- Leave the Simple UM Provider setting at Default Provider
- To receive voice messages as WAV attachments, check the Include WAV Attachment box. To receive notification emails only (without a WAV attachment), leave the box unchecked
- Click the OK button
Image 1: Web PhoneManager Notification Settings Screen