SharePoint Online Overview
SharePoint is a web-based collaboration and document management platform from Microsoft. It is the recommended solution for individuals and departments that wish to securely store, organize, and share information. Site owners manage their SharePoint site and have the ability to create and delete lists and libraries, grant other users permissions, activate site features, create new sub sites, and much more. Documents in SharePoint may also be shared with non-CSULB individuals. The default SharePoint site storage quota is 10 GB and can be increased upon request.
Request a SharePoint Online Site
- Create a new service request (must be an approved technical staff): https://its-svcmgmt01.its.csulb.edu/am/ticket
- Include the following information:
- Site title (can include spaces)
- Site web address in the form “DEPT-Function“
- URL will be csulb.sharepoint.com/sites/DEPT-Function
- Site owner(s)
How to Access a SharePoint Online Site
- Login to CSULB's SSO: https://sso.csulb.edu
- Select the Office 365 Employee Apps
- Click on the SharePoint tile in Office 365
- If you do not see the site on the SharePoint dashboard, you can search for the site by name using the search bar near the top of the page.