What is VPN?
VPN, or Virtual Private Network, is a system that allows an organization to access internal networks and computers over the Internet, using encrypted tunnels to ensure that data cannot be accessed without authorization.
Information Technology Services (ITS) provides this service for remote users to access campus network resources such as Windows File Servers and restricted services that are only accessible while on campus.
Installing VPN for Mac
- Visit the VPN log in page at https://vpn.csulb.edu/ and begin the download process by entering your campus LAN credentials (almost always the User ID and password you use to log into your campus computer) and click Login.
Figure 1: VPN logon page.
2. The Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client will load. Click "Trust" to accept the publisher authenticity.
Figure 2: Client asking if you trust the publisher authenticity.
3. Your connection has been established.
Figure 3: Successfull connection to Cisco AnyConnect VPN client.
- To access your campus resources, please contact your local technical coordinator for details.
Figure 4: Cisco folder in applications.
2. Double click on the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client, enter vpn.csulb.edu and enter your Camps LAN user name and password. Click "Connect"
Figure 5: Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client logon.
3. To verify that you are connected, look for the Cisco AnyConnect Client at the upper left side of the menu bar.
Figure 6: Cisco AnyConnect Client symbol in menu bar.
If you experience any trouble connecting, please contact your local technical coordinator. If for any reason you are unable to contact him/her, please contact ITS Desktop Support at ext. 5-8344 or email@example.com.
You may be interested in a VPN connection to establish secure connections while using other applications, such as Remote Desktop Connections (RDC). Please contact your local technical coordinator for further assistance with such computing needs.