Some mailing list subscribers like to have list mailings easily identified by a "subject tag", which is a string within square brackets added to the beginning of the "Subject" line in the email headers.
Lists migrated to l-Soft from CGP will retain the subject tag header. If there is no subject tag currently set, the default value will be the name of the list.
However, to turn OFF the subject tag altogether, use the following steps:
- From the list dashboard, click the “Configure” link.
- To the right of the “Complete List Header” window, click the “Edit Manually” link.
- Default-Options should equal “REPRO,NOACK” (delete “,IETF”)
- Misc-Options should equal “UTF8_HEADER” (delete “,IETFHDR_SUBJECT_TAG”)
- Click Save.
- From the list dashboard, click the “View” link under “Subscribers”.
- In the report columns area, check the box next to “Header Style” and click “Update”.
- Click the “Check All” link to select all subscribers. Under “Header Style”, in the dropdown, select “Full” and click “Submit”. The header style should change to “Full” for all subscribers.