How to Solve Excel 2010 when it freezes in Compatibility Mode:
When the TaskBar shows "Not Responding" Excel - Compatibility MOde ..
1) Start Excel 2010 in safe mode by going to your Start Menu then to All Programs:
2) Navigate to Microsoft Office and Before selecting your program hold down CTRL as you double click your program and a window will appear asking if you wish to start the program in safe mode:
3) When this window appears Select Yes to allow the program to open in Safe Mode. When Excel opens you will see that the Title will say Microsoft Excel (Safe Mode).
4) After seeing this window, go to File --> Options --> Add-Ins. A window will appear with most of the options in Gray meaning that you can not select them.
5) From the image, we can see that we are in the Add - In tab, Go to Manage and select Disabled Items and click Go
6) After selecting Go, a window will appear with the title called Disabled Items. Re-enable the disabled add - ins. You can select the ones you wish to re-enable and click on the Enable button.
Second, you can try to insert this key in your registry:
You can accomplish the above by doing the following:
- Open your Registry (Start -> Run -> regedit.exe)
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\OFFICE\14.0\EXCEL\SECURITY
- Right click in the right window and choose New -> DWORD
- Type “ExtensionHardening” as the name (without the quotes)
- Verify that the data has the value “0″
Third, if you are using VBA in these workbooks, you should check the security.
Under Developer tab, click the Macro security and choose to enable all macros.