DRAFT DOCUMENT. SERVICE IS NOT IN PRODUCTION.
The following information provides instructions for enrolling in 2 Step Verification with Duo from Single Sign-On (SSO). This is a one-time, voluntary procedure that enables campus users to create a higher level of security with campus email. After completion of this process, logging into campus email will involve a subsequent security verification process using a mobile device.
Before beginning this enrollment process, Division of Information Technology (DoIT) must be notified that you wish to enable this 2 Step Email Verification with Duo.
- On mobile device, Install Duo Mobile application from App Store/Google Play by searching for Duo Mobile. Be sure to tap "OK" if asked if Duo Mobile should be able to send push notifications.
Figure 1: Duo from App store or Google Play
2. On a separate device such as a laptop or desktop computer, sign into http://sso.csulb.edu using any web browser.
Figure 2: sso.csulb.edu login page
3. After logging in, click on Outlook.
Figure 3: List of available applications (results vary)
4. Enroll in Duo by clicking on "Start setup."
Figure 4: Duo Security Setup Wizard
5. Select Mobile Phone and click Continue.
Figure 5: Duo Security option list of devices to use
6. Enter Phone number of mobile phone.
Figure 6: Phone number input box
7. Click on the check box to confirm that it's the correct phone number and click Continue.
Figure 7: Phone number input box and check box to confirm phone number
8. Select type of phone, if not sure, click on Other and then click Continue.
Figure 8: Selection of device type
9. If Step 1 was completed earlier, then click on "I have Duo Mobile," otherwise download the Duo Mobile app from the App Store/Google Play Store.
Figure 9: prompt to install Duo Mobile App
Figure 10: Duo Mobile App install confirmation
10. Open the Duo mobile app on your phone, and click "+" sign and scan the barcode on the laptop/desktop screen. Note: you must have a bar code / QR code scanner app on your phone to perform this step.
Figure 11: Duo Mobile app prompt to add enrollment barcode
11. Once completed, a green check box should appear on the screen.
Figure 12: Duo Mobile confirmation of barcode
12. Click Continue.
Figure 13: Duo Mobile confirmation and prompt to continue
13. Click on the drop down box under "When I log in:"
Figure 14. Duo Mobile selection to choose when to prompt for Duo Mobile
14. Select "Automatically send this device a Duo Push"
Figure 15. Duo Mobile selection of "Automatically send this device a Duo request" and prompt to continue to Login
15. Click Send me a push
Figure 16: Duo Mobile prompt to select 2nd factor – Select Send Me a push
16. Once successfully completed it will allow login to application.
Figure 17: Duo Mobile Pushing request to device confirmation of successful login
Figure 18: Duo Mobile confirmation of successful login