An Authorization Code is the 7 digit number used to override the "Class of Service" (dialing access) of an on-campus phone.
Upon receiving your Authorization Code please keep in mind the following:
• It is your responsibility to secure and keep confidential the Authorization Code given to you.
• Memorize or keep the number in a safe place.
• You will be responsible for all calls made using your Authorization Code.
If you forget or lose your Authorization Code, please do the following:
• Report it immediately to Denise Burns at extension 54480.
• Follow-up with a work order form to cancel old Authorization Code number and to reissue a new number. Include name of user, department, extension, billing account number and extension to be billed.
If you need any further assistance please contact Denise Burns at extension 54480.
How to Use an Authorization Code
You can use your Authorization Code at any on-campus phone and the charge of the call will be billed to your campus extension.
• Press *6*
• Enter Authorization Code Number
• Press #
• Wait for Confirmation Tone (three beeps)
• Press 9
• Enter Area Code (If Appropriate)
• Enter Telephone Number